Thursday, August 2, 2012

Home Sweet Home #78

Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  I have been wanting to do a post on decorating with nautical accessories for summer.  So, I have a few ways here I have added the nautical/Beach look to my home.   First, it is so easy to add some shells or starfish anywhere.  It also looks great to use a map as a table runner, tacked up on the wall, or even framed.

Model ships really carry the nautical theme well.  All of my accessories are basically vacation souvenirs. 

Ticking would be the fabric I think of first for a nautical theme.  Rope in a hurricane or as a napkin tie would be great too.

Vintage beach themed travel posters are also a good bet.  This one hubs and I picked this up on our honeymoon years ago.
So there you have it...several ways to bring the nautical/beach  look home for summer.

Now, I would like to highlight some of the posts that caught my eye last week at Home Sweet Home. 
Elizabeth at Pine Cones and Acorns made this Cherry Streusel Coffee Cake that looked amazing.

Sandi at Small Town Living at It's Best  created a bench out of doors that was wonderful.

Maryjane at Storybook Cottage  went to a vintage show where one vendor had a Gypsy Wagon!  I want one!  

Terry at Forever Decorating showed off a sweet little fern stand she remodeled.

Many great links each week!  Thank you to all who join me at Home Sweet Home!   It is wonderful to have you here.
Sherry
I will join these ladies today:
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Home and Garden Thursday  at A Delightsome Life 
Creative Things Thursday  at The Vintage Farmhouse
Potpourri Friday at 2805
Gimme 5 for Friday  at Krafty Kat
G'Day Saturday  at Natasha in Oz


 Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Attention: To link up with inlinkz you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or they will not allow you to link.  
Link up anything in your home or garden.  I love seeing neat shops too!
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!

33 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Gorgeous features
:)

Sarah said...

Sherry, thanks for sharing these ideas. I love a nautical look! I do a bit of it on our sunporch for the summer ~ my folk art mermaid, Nantucket baskets, etc.
Fantastic features this week. So much inspiration here each week. Thanks for hosting! ~ Sarah

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sherry,
Thanks for hosting...what a darling little bench.

Blessings,
Linda

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thank you for hosting, Sherry! Have a great rest of the week... already Friday morning here :) Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

The French Hutch said...

Love your nautical vignettes. Great features and the cake looks delicious! Thanks for hosting Sherry.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Ethereal PLUS what I Love said...

Thanks for hosting!
Francine

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Sherry: The nautical look is so much fun for a summer pick-me-up. Lots of fun party goers from last week.Thanks for hosting again..Happy Thursday..Judy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
I like the nautical theme too. The chest you have the lamps sitting on is really cute! Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Honey at 2805 said...

You are always a wonderful hostess, Sherry! And I always appreciate you linking to Potpourri Friday!

Unknown said...

Hi, I visiting from Home and Garden Thursday. Love your post, perfect for summer. I do a lot of crafting, just starting to post home projects, so I will remember your party for those. Actually I won't so I'll just follow you. *Grins* ~Lori

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Great features and I drooling over a piece of that coffee cake..at least I'll take a look at it, lol..Thank you for hosting sweet lady.
FABBY

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sherry,
Wonderful features!

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Sherry, love that great poster of yours!, just linked up, thanks for having me over!!

must love junk said...

I've added a few little nautical touches to my decor, too! Thanks for hosting :)
Susan

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Sherry, That's such a great idea posting a nautical theme. I love all your vignettes! Great features too! Always love going to your parties. Have a wonderful weekend.

Jody

andrea@townandprairie said...

What a neat poster from your honeymoon. I've always loved vintage graphics, even when I was a kid. It's so nice that you saved that momento.

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Sherry, thank you for hosting! And thank you for featuring my coffee cake! It is an easy, fast cake. And you can substitute any fruit.

Take care, have a great weekend. Elizabeth

Carolyn said...

Hi Sherry,
I love the nautical look too!

Thank you for hosting,
Carolyn

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Fabulous nautical post, Sherry! Love the features! Thanks so much for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hi Sherry,
Lots of fun ideas for decorating my daughters lake cottage! I want that gypsy trailer, too! Thank you for hosting your party and have a good week.
Nancy

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

Hi Sherry: Thank you for hosting today. I love the features, particularly the gypsy wagon--how cool is that?? The map and the blue and white ticking are just right for a nautical feel--very pretty.

Unknown said...

Hi Sherry,
Thank you so much for hosting! Love your beach ideas! :)

~Liz

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

My comments seem to be getting gobbled up by the Internet--Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you hosting the party today, Sherry, and really like your nautical touches, and the gypsy wagon in the features--how cool!

ANNE said...

Woo hoo it's FRIDAY again!! Have a fabulous weekend!

xinex said...

Your nautical vignettes are beautiful, Sherry. Thanks for hosting...Christine

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I always LOVE a nautical theme.

farmhouse-story said...

love the idea of rope napkin rings, sherry:) thanks for hosting, and happy weekend!!

Diann said...

Fun nautical inspiration Sherry. Thank you for hosting and have a great weekend!

Kathy said...

Hello Sherry, great tips! I have thought of doing a nautical theme from time to time, but have not followed through - love your ideas! I do appreciate you sharing and hosting,
Kathy

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your nautical photos are so nice! I love these themes too! I like collecting travel posters too. What a great memento for a honeymoon! Thanks Sherry!

Recreate and Decorate said...

I'm new to your link up party! Hope you can check my blog out!

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting this blog hop again (already your follower). Listed here, where you can also join more blog hops at Friday Blog Hops Directory.

The Quiet Mom blogging How to Cook Fresh Artichoke Recipe

Also, don't miss this: 12 Major Reasons to Use Self-Hosted WordPress for Blogging and Selling Your Products Online + Custom Blog or Social Network Button Giveaway

Unknown said...

Hi Sherry, I'm heading off to Maine this coming weekend and I know I will be seeing a whole lot of nautical items everywhere we stop. I always think of you when I see awesome shell's and beautiful sea items!
Love your style..
Enjoy the day,
Shirley