Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Little Something Wild...

My little something wild today is my cute little elephant on my teapot.

This isn't my normal purchase but, this little elephant was up for some adventure and I can see him frolicking on an outdoor picnic adventure with my nieces.  The teapot is marked Dutch Wax by Coastline Imports.  

In my cup today is straight black hand ground coffee.  I bought a grinder and some whole bean coffee this week and you can really tell the difference. Delicious!

The treat today is some wild lemon poppy seed tea cakes made in a sunflower mold.  I was in a hurry so I made them with a lemon poppy seed mix.

I love the cup I have here today for coffee it reminds me of a cafe au lait bowl.  The cups are by American Ateleir and the pattern is Athena.


Thank you to Wholeport.com for the sunflower cake/muffin molds.  I can't give you a link to them for the company doesn't show up anymore.  I a not sure what happened to them.

Sherry
I will link this to:

Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters Stuff 
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 
The Best Blog Recipes link party 
Anything Goes Party at Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo
Sweet and Savoury Sunday at Baking in Pyjamas
Wake Up Wednesday at Oh! My Heartsie Girl
Tickle My Taste Buds Tuesdays at Lori's Culinary Creations
Fridays Unfolded at Nancherrow
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life

10 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

Looks yummy! And the elephant adds just the right amount of whimsy!
xo Kathleen

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

The elephant teapot is wonderfully whimiscal! I love lemon poppy - the cakes look delish!

Sarah said...

Darling teapot! Wish I had one of those lemon muffins for a treat about right now. '-)

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

I am obsessed with bakeware. I want a sunflower mold.

Madonna
MakeMineLemon

Danielle's Sweets said...

Your elephant tea pot is adorable and those lemon poppy seed cakes look wonderful! ♥

Brandi said...

Tea and mini bundt cakes! Looks like such a relaxing setting.

Deborah Montgomery said...

oh my, that elephant is too cute! And the lemon muffins look delicious too! I hadn't heard that about coffee. I have a grinder and beans, maybe I'll see if I taste a difference. thanks for the tip Sherry!

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

What a great scape! It's late afternoon now and seeing that cup of coffee now I want one...it looks good! I am loving your teapot and the detail and colors on it. Very nice!

Lou Lou Girls said...

Charming! Love it! Pinned. Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope you get a chance to stop by tonight at 7 pm. We love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

Kathy said...

Your teapot is adorable! Your teacakes sound marvelous - perfect tea! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy