Tuesday, February 9, 2016

For the Love of Tea

Valentine's Day Tea: The Charm of Home
Today I am celebrating Valentine's Day by showing my appreciation of tea. Tea is the most popular beverage consumed in the world behind water.  Many have asked if hot tea will, in fact, ever catch on in America; I for one, have done my best to promote it.

Valentine's Day Tea: The Charm of Home
My mug today is perfect for that loving cup of tea on St. Valentine's Day.   The pattern is Hearts and Flowers and it is made by Rosina China Co. Ltd.  I found it on a trip to the thrift store and had been saving it for this post. 

Valentine's Day Tea: The Charm of Home
That is an actual Victorian era die cut valentine pictured here with the mug.  I found a box of these valentines years ago when at an auction. 

Valentine's Day Tea: The Charm of Home
There is a new book coming out that I have had the opportunity to review titled Afternoon Tea at Home.
A classic afternoon tea is just a recipe away in this enticing new book by Will Torrent an award winning pastry chef in the U.K.   The publisher is Ryland Peters & Small, photography by Matt Russell.  I will post a full review tomorrow.  
Hug someone this weekend and tell them you love them!

Sherry

I will link this to:
  
There Is No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
Home & Garden Thursdayat A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House 
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Vintage Charm at Charm Bracelet Diva
The Homemaking Party at Classical Homemaking
Thoughts of Home at Decor to Adore

18 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

This post is pretty perfection! I hope you will join in on the inaugural edition of Thoughts of Home on Thursday this week and link this gem up! :)

Bernideen said...

This is a lovely post. I am in a tea face book group that has many tea lovers, tea room owners, tea businesses and authors as well. It is called Afternoon Tea Across America. Would love to have you come join in the fun! Thanks for sharing!

Margie said...

Lovely mug! I look forward to reading your review of the tea book. I also hope you'll share info on that scrumptious cake in the background. Hee!

The Charm of Home said...

Bernideen thanks for telling me about the Facebook group! I just went and asked for an invite.
Sherry

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

You were talking about tea this post but all I could focus on was that cake! Yum yum it looks delicious!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What a lovely tea time. Your mug is gorgeous and that cake - oh my word, what kind is it? I think I could eat half of it this minute!

Have a wonderful week full of love! ♥♥♥

Pat said...

Sherry,
Exquisite Afternoon Tea vignette, dear friend!!!
Gorgeous photography!!!
Afternoon Tea is served daily here on the Prairie,
but not with such elegance as this!!!
You are truly, inspiring!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

That sounds like a wonderful book, Sherry. You found the perfect mug for Valentine's. The cake however, has gotten my attention. Wondering what kind it is. It looks scrumptious! Thank you for sharing with us and have a lovely day. Happy Valentine's Day week!

Blessings,
Sandi

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Sherry, lovely post! I, too, am doing my bit to spread the word about tea! I always enjoy your tea photos.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Sherry, What a beautiful post! You've inspired me to have a cup of tea today!! Love all your gorgeous photos too! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!
Hugs,
Jody

Betty said...

I love that cute little mug and so perfect for this season. I have been sipping chamomile tea today, trying to keep warm and calm.

Carrie said...

Hi Sherry! Lovely pictures and I really enjoyed seeing your real Victorian valentine. I must admit, however, that, like so many others, I was immediately drawn to the cake! Wow!

Antiques And Teacups said...

Well spoken indeed, and thought shared by us all! How not to love and appreciate tea, and I have always appreciated your tea photos and posts! Love your Rosina mug...[erfect for Valentine's Day! Sorry I am a bit late, my back has kept me off the computer the last few days! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

I adore tea and always have, I don't understand why more don't enjoy...
That cake looks so delicious, I have been sick, so I'll be catching up with your posts, it looks like perfection, and a lovely book too. Thank you for sharing, Sherry.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Well I would have a cup of tea alongside at least TWO slices of that cake! :)

Unknown said...

Just before reading your post I thought to myself, "I think I'll go make myself a cup of tea." I'm a fairly diehard coffee drinker but every so often I have an urge for tea. Lots of hot tea drinkers up here in Canada!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Your teacup, and cake, look divine! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day! xo Kathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home}

krishna said...

I'm sipping tea and reading your blog. the pictures are eally beautiful.. and the cup is simply gorgeous.. :)
http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/2016/02/repurposing-rice-bags.html