Monday, September 26, 2016

September Tea/Garden Journal

September Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
It is time for the September Tea/Garden Journal.  The garden is now down to just a few enjoyable flowers and herbs.  We had a very wet year here with fungus and pests that were a problem.  In my garden today I have zinnias, mums, rosemary, crabapples, and the lavender is having it's second bloom. 

September Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
September always seems like a romantic month to me.  It is where summer gives us it's last kiss and fall ushers in the coziness of cooler temps.  It was sunny in this window a few minutes ago and when the clouds rolled over I started taking my pictures.  I always will prefer cloudy moody shots over bright sun.  I love the way the light is coming through this beautiful lace curtain.  Lace curtain provided by Heritage Lace.
September Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
My teacup today is a brown transferware pattern called Charlotte made by Royal Staffordshire.   

September Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home

September Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
The teapot is adorned with oak leaves on it's top that remind me of fall. Teapot made by Home Essentials. 

September Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
My book is The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady by Edith Holden. 

Thank you to Heritage Lace for sponsoring me and providing these Coventry Lace Curtain panels. 

Sherry

I will link this to:

Home & Garden Thursdayat A Delightsome Life
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
The Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Vintage Charm at Charm Bracelet Diva
The Homemaking Party at Classical Homemaking
Thoughts of Home at Decor to Adore
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Friday
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cupof Mrs. Olsen

What To Do Weekends at Shoestring Elegance
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Rose Garden Malevik Saturday Showoff


The Scoop at Stonegable
Best of the Weekend with Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

The Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Share It One More Time at Shabbyfufu  

8 comments:

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Such a pretty fall tea! I love your lace curtain and the lovely transferware teacup!
Nancy

quakerhillfarm said...

Sherry, these are beautiful shots! I love how the light filters so softly through the lace curtain. Just beautiful..

janice15 said...

I love your tea.. The teapot is so lovely and the teacup is perfect for fall... I have recently purchase the book you have and I love it.. Nothing like lace curtains with the sun peeping through. I live that feeling. With love Janice

doodles n daydreams said...

Lovely moody shots. I love your acorn teapot. A teapot is something I don't own unfortunately. My sister in law collects them :)

Diana

Margie said...

I adore your elegant teapot!

Unknown said...

they are so eye-catching look
biet thu dep
nha xinh

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Sherry, it's been awhile since I stopped by. I always love your photos! I might have to buy that garden journal book, the pictures of the birds look so pretty! It's a beautiful Fall vignette♥
Hugs, Jody

JES said...

Once again I am enchanted by your Garden Journal Entry! Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)