Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Last Rose of Summer

S'mores Crescent Pastry: The Charm of Home
It is literally the last rose of summer this week.  I might have a few more in the garden but by then it will be fall.  

The Last Rose of Summer: The Charm of Home
The post is inspired by this little antique teacup I found recently.  I liked it so much because it was brown.  I don't see these teacups made in brown ever.  It has no marking on the bottom so, I don't know the maker.

S'mores Crescent Pastry: The Charm of Home
I had sheet music to fit the post.  It is really old piano/organ sheet music.  I would say at least from the early 1900's.  

S'mores Crescent Pastry: The Charm of Home
The treat today is a s'mores crescent pastry. They are super easy to make and the children loved them.  

S'mores Crescent Pastry: The Charm of Home
I used a package of ready-made Pillsbury Crescent rolls.  I rolled them out and spread marshmallow fluff and milk chocolate chips over that.  Then I rolled them up and baked as directed.  When finished I melted (in the microwave) some Pillsbury Fluffy Vanilla Marshmallow frosting and drizzled that over them and then I melted some of the chocolate chips (also, in the microwave) and drizzled that over the rolls. And then you have a plain crescent roll turned pastry!     

Enjoy this last bit of summer.  It is going..going...gone. 

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." ~John 3:16

Sherry

I will link this to:
  
There Is No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
Home & Garden Thursdayat A Delightsome Life
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
The Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Vintage Charm at Charm Bracelet Diva
The Homemaking Party at Classical Homemaking
Thoughts of Home at Decor to Adore
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Friday
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cupof Mrs. Olsen
What To Do Weekends at Shoestring Elegance
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Rose Garden Malevik Saturday Showoff
The Scoop at Stonegable
Best of the Weekend with Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

The Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Share It One More Time at Shabbyfufu     
Off to Grandma's House We Go at Grandma's House DIY
Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm

12 comments:

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Everything looks so good. I am so happy you joined me at Tea Cup Tuesday. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Shannon @ Belle Bleu Interiors said...

Such a beautiful post this morning! I love your teacup! I can't wait to try your recipe. I know that my family will love it! Thanks for sharing. I hope that you have a wonderful day and enjoy this last day of Summer!

Jocelyn said...

Lovely post. I am actually sad to see summer end. I love summer and all the things we enjoy.

quakerhillfarm said...

Oh, Sherry, I am drooling over your tea goodie and the beautiful cup! That is just beautiful!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Sherry, your teacup is really cute. No, we don't see brown very often, do we? Lovely teapot too. Crescent rolls are so versatile. There are any number of treats one can make from them. Yours looks wonderful! It's sad to see summer go. Thank you for your visit and your nice comment.

Blessings,
Sandi

Pat said...

Sherry,
I, too, am experiencing the Last Rose(s) of Summer here on the Prairie, dear friend!
Love your teacup!
The vignette with the vintage sheet music, gloves and purse is so~o~o romantic!
I'm giving this recipe a try for Sunday's Dinner!
My daughter~in~law loves S'Mores!
Fondly,
Pat

Summer said...

Nice cup! The crescent looks like a nice treat ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Tarahlynn said...

Just lovely! Thanks so much for coming and sharing this with us at our To Grandma's House we go link party!

Mom Das said...

Hello! Can't decide what I like more, the food or the lovely tea sets or the accessories around them. Beautiful!!

Molly said...

Those smores crescent rolls are a great idea

Mollyxxx

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Sherry, my roses will be gone soon as well. Summer flew by way too fast!! Love your pretty teacup and the smores pastry looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Our Hopeful Home said...

These look absolutely awesome! The heck with the kids, I want them for myself lol Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xoKathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {At Home}