Monday, January 19, 2015

Enjoy Every Moment

Inspirational Tea: The Charm of Home
How is 2015 treating you?  It is off and running isn't it? 

Inspirational Tea: The Charm of Home
Are we enjoying every moment?  
The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment.

Inspirational Tea: The Charm of Home
Today I am having tea and reading a book on my Kindle.  Do you read on your electronic devices?  I like it because I can read with the lights off. 

Inspirational Tea: The Charm of Home
I am doing my best with managing.  "all new learning looks at first like chaos."  ~Adrienne Rich

If you are struggling, here is a hug to take with you on your journey. Don't be too hard on yourself, love. You got this. ~Mut-ed
Cure:
"I try to maintain a healthy dose of daydreaming to remain sane."   
~Florence Welch

My teacup is made by Old Amsterdam Porcelain Works and my teapot is unmarked.  
Sherry

I will link this to:
  
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tea Cup Tuesday at Artful Affirmations
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Say G'Day at Natasha in Oz
Your Going to Love it Tuesday At Kathe with an  E
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
Totally Terrific Tuesday at Live Randomly Simple
Project Inspire at An Extraordinary Day
Do Tell Tuesday at Maybe She Made It
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home  

17 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

What a lovely tea tray. I often read on my smart phone. It is a big one so it is "almost" like holding a book. (a galaxy note.) I like that it works as well as a kindle or a nook.

Margie said...

I have a tablet and have downloaded some e-reader apps but have yet to try them out!

Lady of the Manor said...

My January has been pretty busy with family, volunteering and cleaning/organizing. I'm hoping to start a quilt top tomorrow but this evening (after a blog hop!!), I'll reading "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet." I like my kindle for travel but still prefer holding a book while reading. Enjoy your January, Sherry.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your tea tray is charming, Sherry. A little daydreaming is good for you, I always say. We sometimes take ourselves too seriously. Thank you for joining me for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Pura Vida said...

Glad you are enjoying your January

Bernideen said...

Winter is the perfect time for books and even movies! I spent some time today filing back all the recipe files I pulled out for Christmas. That tray looks lovely and delicious!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your vignettes look so calming. I love my Nook as I can read in the dark when hubby sleeps! :)

Jane x

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Since being sick I do try to enjoy every moment! Don't read on electronic devices...I love a good book in my hands though!

Peggy said...

First time visiting your blog. Such beautiful pictures. There' snitching like a cup of tea and a good book. I use my ipad with the Kindle app. I borrow books from two local libraries. Love your quotes. Peggy from PA

Sylvia said...

Your tea tray is pretty and really inviting. Anytime is good for a cup of Tea1

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I just love the wood tray. Your home always looks so welcoming. Would love to just sit and visit with you. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Jonell w Harrison said...

Sorry, I had to leave for a while to grab a few things to put together a beautiful try and take pictures....thanks for the 'nudge'.[creatively speaking]

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

That tray is so lovely!

I love my ipad for reading!! I love that I can house many books in it, that it lights up and that I can change the font & pages for day or night depending on when I'm reading.

I do love a good solid book now and then too - but I'd never give up my ipad!! Lol

Pondside said...

What a pretty tea setting. I can imagine that it would be lovely to spend a cosy hour with tea and a book. I am trying to get used to my kindle, but find I still default to a hard copy.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Tea, fruit, and a good book...sounds good to me. My daughter gave me her old Kindle and I don't use it much...maybe one day I'll get used to it.
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY.
Blessings,
Cindy

Antiques And Teacups said...

My favorite afternoon teatime is a lovely cuppa in the sunroom with my husband, cat and a good book on my iPad...my Kindle died, but the Kindle app works fine! And I can read in the dark and not disturb him...priceless! Lovely photos. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I have a Kindle Touch with no backlight. I do read on my IPod Touch.
Blessings,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage