Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Winter Mix Ambrosia

Ambrosia is a favorite fruit salad of mine.  It is often seen made with whip cream and marshmallows, but I grew up with my Grandmother's version which was just a mix of fruit without the fluff.  I normally make this every year at Christmas and I wanted to make it for a winter salad not just the holidays.  I sliced the fruit different and added kiwi and that really made it pretty.

Winter Mix Ambrosia

Ingredients:
1 grapefruit, sliced with rind removed
1 orange, sliced with rind removed
1 kiwi, sliced and peeled
6 seedless grapes, sliced in half
honey

Arrange fruit on the plate and drizzle honey as desired; I only drizzled honey on the grapefruit.  Single serving only.  You could add any fruit in season to it.

Are you eating healthy for 2015?  I have a lot of allergies and I always eat like this.  One day soon I will have to write a post on the allergies I have and all I have learned from the experience.  Meanwhile, I will be sharing more of my healthy food this year. 
Sherry
I will link this to:

Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 
The Best Blog Recipes link party 
Anything Goes Party at Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo
Sweet and Savoury Sunday at Baking in Pyjamas
Tickle My Taste Buds Tuesdays at Lori's Culinary Creations
Fridays Unfolded at Nancherrow
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
The Party Bunch Weekend Linky at The Idea Room
Project Inspire at An Extraordinary Day
Totally Terrific Tuesday at Live Randomly Simple
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Foodie Friends Friday at Walking on Sunshine

The Inspiration Gallery at Craft Berry Bush

8 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

YUMMY!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Now, THAT is lovely and delicious!

xo

Sheila :-)

Brenda Pruitt said...

The colors are so bright and pretty!
Brenda

Our Hopeful Home said...

Ambrosia is one of my secret favorites! That said, I also love just plain fruit and I actually have all the ingredients for your recipe sitting in my kitchen right now! Guess I'd better get to work! Your plate is just beautiful and your photography as usual is marvelous.
xoKathleen

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Beautiful salad, and aren't all of the citrus especially tasty this year!
Jemma

Maria said...

This looks so refreshing, and I love the freshness of citrus fruits in the winter! And the bright citrus colors in a gray winter world :) Looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

This fruit salad looks so light and refreshing. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello cute lady! This looks so amazing. I would love some right now. Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to stop by and party with us. It wouldn't be a party without you! I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. Lou Lou Girls